<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Why Today's Post is Vapid


Science News Top Stories

Experts Urge People to Unplug Occasionally
Katie Achille grew up with the Internet. She was 9 when she first tapped into it - and quickly became an avid e-mailer, Web surfer and sender of instant messages. But when recent computer troubles left her without regular Web access, something unexpected happened: To her surprise, she suddenly felt free. ``I find the break from the Internet somewhat refreshing,'' says Achille, now 19 and a junior at Rutgers University in New Jersey. ``After spending a good portion of my freshman and sophomore years holed up here in my dorm room typing away to friends, I feel like I missed just sitting outside and enjoying the weather or going for a walk, just because.'' More »