<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Truth About Logging In This Universe


Maybe, in a parallel universe, I became a naturalist and ended up studying forest ecology.  As it happens, I live in this Universe, and I did not think I could get anyone to pay me to study forest ecology.  Maybe, in a parallel universe, I became a politician.  But I live in this Universe, and in this Universe, I dislike politics.  But I never realized just how much poolitics there is in forest ecology.  So if there is a parallel universe,  with a j7uy5 studying forest ecology, I sure hope there isn't so much politics in that one, too, because that j7uy5 would be pulling his hair out right now.

In this post, I outline the history of an ordinary little research paper, the political furor that it caused, and show how this appears to be another skirmish in the War on Science.  Continue reading here.