<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sometimes it may seem...


Sometimes it may seem that I write this blog for others to read. That is not the case. When I was a kid, I used to read the newspaper as soon as I got home from school. I then would play a game with myself. I would put the paper down, then try to remember the most important things I had learned. Then I would try to figure out why I thought those things were important. Other kids were out playing softball or something like that. Now they are journalists, asking softball questions. I could not do that. I am fairly confident that if I attended a press conference and asked the questions that I really wanted to ask, I would never be invited back. Instead, I write this blog. Like the game with the newspaper, I do it to keep informed, and to sharpen my skills at critical thinking. It serves also to keep my writing skills, if not sharp, at least not dull. Others may read it and comment, read it and write their own blogs, or not read it at all.