<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Light Entry


From the (Ann Arbor) Blog depric manession

My new rating system... Apr. 12th, 2004 @ 01:58 am
I read books and watch movies. I like to talk about the movies I watch and books I read. I even like to rate them sometimes. I've noticed that many bloggers include ratings in their entries, so I have decided to join the party.

However, I am strange... a little strange anyway. I've decided to do a backwards scale... using something I deal with everyday. Antidepressants.



Left to right: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, and Wellbutrin.

The fewer antidepressants (ADs) you need to make it through (or even ENJOY) something, the better.

For example:

A Prayer for Owen Meany is a book I love very much. It's depressing, but that's not how the scale works. Since I enjoy this book, it gets a "low" rating, in this case 1 AD -

Batman and Robin (the one with Alicia Silverstone), was the movie I have come closest to ever walking out of. (I don't walk out of movies... or send food back for that matter.) It gets a "high" rating... 4.5 ADs here -

Get the idea?

Now that  is clever!