<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 30, 2005

Meme of Fours




I ambled into Middle Earth the other day, on South University downtown (Ann Arbor) and got tagged with the meme of fours.  Seems innocent enough, although self-disclosure has never been one of my favorite activities.  

  • Four jobs you’ve had in your life: This doesn't include my current job.  Here is my big confession: I used to work at McDonald's.  The best part about that is that I only worked for about four hours, total.  I also was a tour guide at a nuclear research reactor, then ended up doing some other things for them, too.  I had a job shuffling paper for a group that does management seminars.  And I had a paper route.  
  • Four movies you could watch over and over: Frankly, it is hard for me to sit through a movie once, much less watch it again, ever.  The concept seems foreign to me.  In fact, I remember when the first videotape stores opened, back in the 70s.  They did not rent the tapes out; they expected you to buy them.  I though it was a strange idea...thinking nobody would ever want to watch the same thing over and over.  
  • Four places you’ve lived: Ann Arbor, MI; Ypsilanti MI; Las Cruces NM; and Franklin Township.
  • Four TV shows you love to watch: I hardly ever watch TV.
  • Four places you’ve been on vacation: I hardly ever go on vacation.  But I have been to Mexico, Jamaica, Mackinac Island, Toronto.
  • Four websites you visit daily: Bloglines, Arborblogs, NYT, WaPo
  • Four of your favorite foods: chiles rellenos, chicken tikka masala, steak, apple crisp.
  • Four places you’d rather be:  seems like a funny question, but anyway, I guess I would rather be in Santa Fe, or Jamaica, or Hawaii, maybe Montana.  But if I would really rather be there, then I wouldn't be here; I'd be there.
  • Four albums you can’t live without: I am really trying here, but this one is tough.  I do like music, sort of, but it doesn't make sense to me to think of albums I can't live without, even allowing for the fact that the usage of the word "can't" is not literal.  Four albums I really like? Horses, of course; Stones in the Road; Bella Donna; Gaucho.
I am not going to tag anyone, but if anyone wants to be tagged, just let me know; I have four tags left.