<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Get Gmail Without an Invitation?


I have no particular reason to want to change e-mail services, so I did not pay any attention when this notice appeared on my Blogger dashboard:



However, I've been seeing posts from people, indicating that the service is available by invitation only, and each user can only send a few invitations.  Well, guess what.  Blogger is a free blogging service.  I don't know if the same invitation is still available to new blogger users, and I do not know what it takes to be an "active Blogger user."  But, if all you have to do is sign up for Blogger and post a couple of things, then it looks like you don't have to wait for an invitation from someone else.  Just go to Blogger.com and put up a few posts.  Like urging nostalgic Republicans to join the write-in campaign for Ronald Reagan For President in 2004.  Note: the links in the image don't work; the image is from a screenshot.