<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004


The Bush Files


Using Bloglines to browse through various sources, I came across a link on Daily Kos.  This link goes to Suskind's site.  The site promotes his book, and his speaking engagements, but also provides a way to view some of the source documents used in The Price of Loyalty.  I'm glad he did this.  I had filed an FOIA request with the Dept. of Treasury to obtain this material.  After I sent it, I wondered where I could get the online storage space, for free, to post the contents of several CDROMs.  Now it looks as though I won't have to. 


The Bush Files are an unprecedented public offering of documents drawn from a collection of 19,000 files of Paul H. O'Neill, the U.S. Treasury Secretary for the first two years of the Presidency of George W. Bush. Like all Treasury Secretaries, O'Neill was the top domestic appointment of the President and also a principal of the National Security Council. The documents, initially posted here are the ones mentioned in The Price of Loyalty. They range from memoranda to the President to handwritten notes to "sensitive" internal reports, cover a sweeping array of foreign and domestic issues. Read The Bush Files.

If I do get the CDROMs, and if Suskind does not post all of the documents, I still will try to make all of the documents available freely.